Dry mix mortars are factory pre-batched multi-component systems. They are used for many different applications in both new construction and renovation projects. Typical uses include screeds, plasters and masonry mortars, floor levelling compounds, tile adhesives and grouts. Many other specialist products such as repair mortars, waterproofing and sealing slurries and injection mortars are also based on dry mortar technology.
Gypsum, chemically known as calcium sulphate dihydrate, is one of the most important minerals used in the production of construction materials. Today, the majority of gypsum binder, so-called calcined gypsum, is used for the manufacture of gypsum boards. Also known as plasterboards or drywall, they are lightweight building elements primarily used as an interior surfacing for building walls and ceilings. Gypsum board walls and ceilings have a number of outstanding advantages: they are fire-resistant, sound-attenuating, durable, economical and versatile.
Thanks to Sika’s admixtures, it is possible to...
- Achieve consistent, high performance, yet cost-effective dry mortar formulations which ensure high efficiency with maximum security of performance, and also allow the use of modern mixing and pumping equipment
- Produce flowable, self-levelling screeds and underlayments, or plasters and renders with controlled set demands
- Achieve consistent, high quality yet economical gypsum building products
- Meet the requirements of the latest health and safety standards by being free of formaldehyde
- Reduce the product’s carbon footprint over its entire service life and reduce water demand. Learn more about Sika sustainable solutions.
- Maximize your plant’s profitability